Just how likely is it that you'll hit it big in the lottery? Well, the odds are much worse than the probability of your death as a result of one of these:
- Plane crash: 11 million to one
- Car accident: 106 to one
- Falling out of bed: 2 million to one
- Flesh-eating bacteria: 1 million to one
- Lightning strike: 1.2 million to one
- Dog mauling: 118,776 to one
- Snakebite: 50 million to one
- Shark attack: 3.75 million to one
Turns out swimming with the sharks is safer than petting a dog, driving your car, or sleeping in your bed.
There is one thing that you stand less of a chance Dying from...
Let's say you play for 50 years, that's 2,600 weeks.
The probability of no win over 2,600 weeks is:
(1 − 1/13983816)2600 = 0.999814...
That means the probability of winning (after 50 Years) is: 1 − 0.999814... = 0.000186...
Still only about 0.02%
And you would have spent thousands for that small chance.
If you are healthy you have a bigger chance of winning the lottery than of dying of COVID-19