Democrats want add women over 18 into the military draft, bill could pass by next week
Using women as a chess piece in an "equality" row is ridiculous': Republicans criticize plan to enter women over 18 into the military draft in bill that could pass by next week
- The provision is included in this year's National Defense Authorization Act
- The NDAA passed the House with a decisive 316-113 vote back in September
- It was also approved by the Senate Armed Services Committee this summer
- Bill text would replace 'male' with the gender-neutral term 'person'
- A phrase in the Selective Service terms banning discrimination based on 'race or color' will be updated with the more progressive 'race, color, sex, or gender'
- Chuck Schumer told fellow senators in a letter the NDAA may come up this week