Trump-hating British Ambassador Resigns - Clumsy, Inept, Incompetent
Sir Kim Darroch, the United Kingdom's ambassador to the U.S., resigned Wednesday as his position in Washington became more and more untenable following a Donald Trump freeze-out,vamid a row over leaked emails critical of President Trump's administration.
The ambassador was branded "a very stupid guy" by the US president, after emails emerged calling his administration "clumsy and inept".
The British ambassador to the United States described the White House as “uniquely dysfunctional,” told his counterparts back home that President Trump was “inept” and “insecure,” and warned that his administration could collapse in “disgrace.”
In a cache of leaked diplomatic cables dating from 2017 to the present, Sir Kim Darroch worried Trump might be in debt to “dodgy Russians.” He also said that Trump could wreck the world trade system and that his administration might go to war with Iran.
In one cable, the ambassador wrote: “We don’t really believe this Administration is going to become substantially more normal; less dysfunctional; less unpredictable; less faction riven; less diplomatically clumsy and inept.”
What is a diplomat?
The dictionary definition is clear: ‘A person appointed by national government to conduct official negotiations and maintain political, economic and social relations to another country.’
There’s also a second more general meaning: ‘A person who is tactful and skilful in managing delicate situations, handling people etc.’
In other words, it’s someone who knows how to build bridges, schmooze people, say all the right things and put out awkward fires when they erupt.
- Sir Kim Darroch has quit as Britain's ambassador to the United States
- Leaked memos showed Darroch's scathing assessment of Donald Trump
- UK's ambassador to the U.S. had questioned in the secret cables to London whether the White House 'will ever look competent'
- Also said 'worst cannot be ruled out' over allegations of Russian collusion
- Trump tweeted that he 'will no longer deal with him,' signaling the end of Darroch's functional term as the UK's top diplomat
- PM Theresa May sided with Darroch after his resignation, saying: 'Good government depends on public servants being able to give full and frank advice'
- Brexit Party leader and Trump ally Nigel Farage said Darroch quitting was 'the right decision'; he is already being rumored as a possible Darroch replacement
#SirKimDarroch #UKambassador #dysfunctional #inept #insecure